01 November 2010

october accomplishments

i managed to accomplish 9/10 things on my "end of october" list.
pretty impressive, considering i made it with only a few days left in the month!

-the pineapple jello from a local indian store didn't turn out very well, all my fault. i added too much water, so the molds (hello kitty!) didn't hold very well. it didn't taste fantastic either...

-i was a woman from the 1940s! i'll have pictures soon- i wore a red wig and a gorgeous poppy-print dress.

-my boyfriend and i made orange corn muffins, pumpkin(shaped/colored) pancakes, ghost pancakes, &frankenpancakes! i also made some basil-scrambled eggs (eggs, milk, salt, pepper, basil- i don't measure anything but i'll try to get a recipe up in the future). my boyfriend and his roommates seemed to really enjoy the themed breakfast

-i am going in to jcp to fill out paperwork this afternoon! and it looks like i'll most likely be in childrens! i am super excited about this :)

-no windows 7 installation this weekend. this (for me) requires the help of my lovely tech-savvy friends; they told me they'd help me with it before the semester ends. yay!

-the circus was absolutely amazing! my boyfriend took me- we're still trying to figure out some of the magic tricks and laughing about some of the acts! i want to make a full entry about this some time this week- it deserved more than this 3sentence segment!

-i did get my chem3 lab in on time and i slept for 3 hours the night before it was due too! normally i'm up all night because i've procrastinated, but this week i started working on it a lot earlier.

-i did upload a video, but i didn't create an additional edited one (topic: jello-makin'). oh well- i was busy! working on my german group's minidrama was a much better use of my time!

-i did email my cell bio group :) we've begun organizing a meeting and it seems like it was exactly what we all needed!

-my family had a blast getting family portraits taken! it was training night at target, so we got to choose either a free additional 8x11 or half off. (it was already $9 with a coupon so we chose the additional photo) the girl was very nice and patient with our ultra-silly family! we wound up with one really nice picture, which is unusual for our family :) normally we have to compromise and pick one where 4 people look nice and 1 looks goofy.

No comments:

Post a Comment